6 Common Wedding Planning Mistakes Made by Brides
Every couple wants their big day to be a smooth-running, stress-free, fairytale wedding that will be remembered as a wonderful celebration for years to come. However, there are so many details involved in planning a wedding, it is normal for mishaps to occur. It is a good idea to have a trained professional to handle these circumstances and assist you in the process. The ACPWC has put together a list of a few of the top mistakes brides have made in planning their weddings.
6 Common Wedding Planning Mistakes Made by Brides.
- Reason #1 – Not hiring a Wedding Planner – Planning your own wedding can be an overwhelming experience. Many brides have made the mistake of not hiring a wedding planner and paid the price by being very stressed throughout the process. As a result, they did not enjoy their special day like they could have. A Wedding Planner will help you plan your wedding from beginning to end and will ensure that everything flows smoothly on the wedding day. They will negotiate good prices for skilled vendors, assist with accessories, keep you moving on your planning timeline, assist with proper etiquette, take care of all the little details, and so much more! This in turn will help you enjoy the planning process without the stress.
- Procrastinate –Putting things off will cause more stress closer to your wedding date. Getting things done in a timely manner will allow you to relax and enjoy yourself on your big day.
- Blow the budget – It is very easy to overspend on a fairytale wedding. Staying within budget is crucial. No one wants the anxiety attached to going deeply in debt for their wedding day.
- Invite too many guests and forget to take care of them – Your guests are exactly that…guests. They’ve come to celebrate your special day with you, and some may have traveled quite far. Be sure to make them feel welcome. For example: If you are having a beach wedding, provide flip flops and sunscreen or umbrellas. Provide entertainment and snacks while you are busy having your photos taken. If you take care of them, they will take away fond memories of your special day.
- Become obsessed with controlling even small details – Worrying about small details or things that may go awry can make you grumpy and unhappy. If you don’t let the little things bother you, your guests will not be bothered either. You control the atmosphere. No one will remember these things if you don’t overreact to the situation. Make it your aim to enjoy your day and focus on all of the wonderful things happening.
- Neglecting the final gown fitting – Two common things that happen to brides-to-be are: losing weight to fit your ideal dress size or gaining weight due to stress eating before your big day. Planning and setting your final dress fitting one or two weeks before your wedding day will save you from panic the morning of, when you realize your dress is too small to get into, or you are swimming in it. You want to be comfortable all day long, and be the beautiful bride your husband and guests will never forget.
This is where we come back to the number one mistake Brides make… not hiring a Wedding Planner. The list above reflects many mistakes that would most likely not occur with a Wedding Planner in the picture from the beginning. Some Brides realize part way into planning that they should go ahead and hire a planner. By then, a few have overspent their budget and may not be able to take advantage of the skills he or she (the planner) has in negotiating contracts with wedding vendors and in getting you the best deals, but they will still be invaluable in managing the details of the day. If you let your Planner handle the relationship with your vendors, with their level of experience, they can tell you what works and what doesn’t. Therefore, you have less stress. We hope knowing these common mistakes will help you plan the wedding of your dreams. Our goal is to help you have the most wonderful day of your life! If you would like a list of reputable wedding planners in your area, please click here.
Summer Specials Are you dreaming of becoming a Wedding Planner? Take advantage of our Summer Specials. Register for course before deadline to take advantage of special offer:
July 15 – $150 off
August 15 – $100 off
Click here for more information.
Member Partner Program Join our Member Partner Program. Strengthen the wedding community, build relationships, provide services and resources for couples, and gain exposure for you business. How will you benefit from this membership? As a Member Partner, you will receive… (read more here)
Upcoming Event WEP Cruise workshop for wedding professionals “Learning How To Do Business Better” November 2-9, 2014 www.acpwc.org/educational-opportunity-at-sea