ACPWC Tips on How to Start Your Own Wedding Planning Business – Part 3
This is the third article in the ACPWC’s plan called DIVO … Direction, Influence, Value and Organization… a series of articles designed to help you successfully get started in your own wedding planning business. This week we’ll talk about Value.
It is important to recognize how valuable a professional Wedding Planner is to the entire planning process in order to achieve the beautiful end results that happen on a couple’s wedding day. So many people do not realize what goes into creating a wedding, let alone the knowledge, skills, and abilities a planner must possess. Wedding Professionals:
- provide a higher level of comfort for everyone. Professionals enjoy working with other professionals.
- are trained to handle scenarios and unexpected occurrences at weddings.
- are familiar with the latest trends and they have the best resources.
- know the best locations and services for each bride’s particular needs.
- can help the bride find and select the right vendors for other aspects of the wedding.
- are trained to keep the bride within her budget and protect her from making costly mistakes.
- can save couples time in researching options. They already know what works best and why.
And the list goes on and on…
As a professional consultant, what can you do to increase your value? Get proper training. Education and experience are essential to success. When you work harder on you than you do on your business by increasing your knowledge and skills, you put yourself in line to be absolutely invaluable. When you reach this level of expertise, you can then charge according to your worth. Be careful not to lower your prices to fit a bride’s budget. If you do, you will undermine your value and the value of every other planner. Believe in yourself. Brides who understand what you are worth will not have a problem paying what you want.
The ACPWC has created a technical course that goes into every detail necessary to help you become a Professional Certified Wedding Consultant. There’s no need for you to reinvent the wheel. At an affordable fee for the course, you can be up and running with all of the necessary details for your wedding business to be successful.
Personalized Classroom Experience
Wedding Planner Training Course
San Jose, CA October 27-30, 2014
Guest Presenter -Tina Moran of Oh So Swank!
Continuing Education Day on Thursday, October 30.
Deadline to register is October 17.
Can’t make it to class? Join our Homes Study Program.