Questions to ask when hiring a Wedding Planner
- July 31, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Bride Advice
Working with a wedding planner can be tremendously beneficial, especially if you want to have an unforgettable wedding without all the details associated with such a major event. However, keep in mind that it is important that you find the right wedding planner for you!
When hiring a wedding planner, make sure to ask the right questions because they will help you determine whether or not you are compatible with that particular service provider. Here are some of the most important questions to ask:
- What types of service do you provide and what does your service include, more precisely? There are multiple types of wedding planning services out there – from Full-service to Wedding Day Management to event design. Make sure you ask your planner about the kinds of services he/she provides and about the things included in these services too. Believe it or not, these things can differ a lot from one planner to another.
- How many weddings do they do in a year and what is their specialty? Each planner has his/her “special talent”. Some are amazing with wedding designing, some specialize in ethnic weddings and most are great with making sure that every tiny detail is absolutely flawless for the Big Day. Ask your planner what is their specialty and ask them how many weddings they do in a year too. This will help you determine the quality of the services offered by a particular planning service provider.
- Can he/she help you create a vision for your wedding while staying within your budget? Ask your planner if he/she can create a vision for your wedding so that it suits your style, personality and love story. After all, you need someone who can pull all the details together and help you create a harmonious wedding where everything flows naturally!
- What happens if he/she is sick and cannot attend the wedding? No matter how amazing they may be, wedding planners are human too. Ask your planner what happens if he/she cannot be there for you on the Big Day. Most of them will include specifics about this in the contract as well, but it is definitely important to ask anyway. Inquire if they are a part of an association. If they are, they can provide another professionally trained planner.
- Does he/she have references or at least a portfolio you can look at? You don’t hire your pastry chef based on words only – so why would you do that with your wedding planner? Ask your planning expert if he/she can provide you with references from previous couples or if he/she can show you photos of previous weddings. This will give you a better idea of what your planner can (and cannot) do for your own Big Day.
If you are still searching for the perfect Wedding Planning Training or Design course, make sure to stop by The Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants (ACPWC). Our next Personalized Training course will be Friday, May 1 – Sunday, May 3. We have an adding bonus Wedding Design course on Monday, May 4. Deadline to register is April 22. Space is limited.
Visit us and find out more about our association!
Photo source: flickr.com/ mikecogh