ACPWC > Blog > Uncategorized > Wedding Planning Tips – Oscar De La Renta’s 2014 Must-Haves for Brides
Wedding Planning Tips – Oscar De La Renta’s 2014 Must-Haves for Brides
- June 11, 2013
- Posted by: Deborah Moody
- Category: Uncategorized Wedding Planner Advice Wedding Planning Tips
Heather Hall, a writer for The Knot, shared some Oscar De La Renta must-haves for Brides in a recent Yahoo article. Here is the list from The Knot:
- A clear vision: Decide what kind of wedding you want to have – Will it be in the country, the city, at the beach? Once you figure that out, you can start dress shopping and planning.
- A dress you’re totally in love with: Remember that your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to what you are going to wear.
- A train: It adds wonder and a sense of drama.
- Some texture: I have a great appreciation for texture – lace or embroidery – in a wedding gown. It always looks fantastic in photographs.
- A veil: I love this very traditional bridalaccessory. It also gives your father something to do.
- A signature scent: Scent has a very powerful connection to memory. The fragrance you wear for your wedding will be an extraordinary reminder of that day.
- Stephanotis: It’s sometimes called the “bridal veil” flower, and it has the most romantic smell.
- “Something Blue”: It’s a custom worth keeping. I’ve always sewn a little blue ribbon inside my wedding dresses for good luck.
- A confident walk: On your wedding day and always.
- A great romance: What’s more divine than being madly in love?
~ The Knot
ACPWC would like to add one more thing to this list, which we consider to be the most important item for a truly successful wedding day:
11. Hire a Wedding Consultant: The benefits? Although too numerous to mention in short, here are a few very good reasons why:
- A wedding planner allows you to completely focus on the love of your life the entire day. They keep things moving along smoothly. They are trained to handle scenarios and unexpected occurrences.
- A Consultant can help the bride find and select the right vendors for every aspect of the wedding. They are familiar with who are truly professional and who are not.
- A Planner is trained to keep the bride on budget and protect her from making costly mistakes. They can save time in researching options, because they have the skill and experience to know what works best and why.
And the list goes on. Yes, the best results for your special day come from hiring a certified and experienced Wedding Consultant. You’ll have only one regret…That it was not # 1 on your list!
(More of Oscar De La Renta’s 2014 Collection)