Why Women-Owned Businesses Are Succeeding
- June 10, 2014
- Posted by: Deborah Moody
- Category: Business Tips Courses Uncategorized Wedding Planner Advice
Fifty years ago it became popular for women to leave their Susie Homemaker lives and join the work force. Today we see a different movement happening. Women are leaving the workforce and becoming entrepenuers. Why such a change? In an article written by Rohit Arora from biz2credit, he lists several reasons why women-owned businesses are thriving. Here are a few:
- Costs of launching a business have dropped.
- The idea of working from home suits many females just fine.
- Promotional costs have plummeted, thanks to digital marketing and social media
- More women than men attend and graduate from college now.
Since the cost of starting your own business is so much less, why wouldn’t more women opt for this? Working long hours, climbing corporate ladders and dealing with the politics can get quite stressful. Today women are opting to work their own businesses from home, so they can have the freedom and flexibility to take care of their families and find fulfillment in their career. Here are a few important tips to keep in mind when considering launching your own business:
- Be confident and move forward – You will be making a lot of decisions that may not be easy, but this is all a part of learning and growing.
- Take advantage of training programs and ongoing education – This is very important to stay on top of your field.
- Find an experienced mentor – They will help you along the way and be a great resource for you.
- Set realistic limits, but do not hold yourself back – Keep your balance
- Take advantage of business resource organizations – Always look for advice on how to effectively grow your business and utilize networking opportunities.
With everything in your favor to start your own business, why not take advantage of the ACPWC’s summer specials for becoming a Certified Wedding Planner? Included in your training is an experienced mentor to help you along the way. The ACPWC is an excellent go-to resource to get you on your feet and keep you moving forward toward success and fulfillment. Read more here.. Summer Specials Are you dreaming of becoming a Wedding Planner? Take advantage of our Summer Specials. Register for course before deadline to take advantage of special offer:
June 15 – $200 off – Hurry for this special!
July 15 – $150 off
August 15 – $100 off
Click here for more information.
Member Partner Program Join our Member Partner Program. Strengthen the wedding community, build relationships, provide services and resources for couples, and gain exposure for you business. How will you benefit from this membership? As a Member Partner, you will receive… (read more here)
Upcoming Event WEP Cruise workshop for wedding professionals “Learning How To Do Business Better” November 2-9, 2014 www.acpwc.org/educational-opportunity-at-sea