I was reading some information about Pinterest (it’s the 3rd most used social media website now) and thinking how wedding vendors can use it to market to brides. Here’s what I came up with:
- Make sure to use your business name as your username or profile name. This is great for SEO.
- Just as with Facebook and Twitter make sure you add a paragraph or so about what interests YOU and your business. It will show up right under your photo, and will be one way that users can find out more about you.
- Connect your account with your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Don’t forget to add your website URL in your profile so that brides can find you easier.
- Pin! Pin! Pin! but not all at once. You’ll want to pin a lot of stuff but do it daily instead of all in one day. This will keep brides coming back for more.
- Tag wedding professionals that you network with.
- Comment on other people’s pins and “Like” other people’s pins. This will show other vendors that you’re paying attention and recommending them (which hopefully they’ll return the favor) as well as give brides a plethora of information all in one spot….your board.
How do you use Pinterest to reach brides? I’d love to hear what works for you.